Zoe Belle Gender Centre
Trans and Gender Diverse | Melbourne Metro
Zoe Belle Gender Collective (ZBGC) is a trans and gender diverse led advocacy organisation based in Victoria. The Zoe Belle Gender Collective – formerly known as the Zoe Belle Gender Centre – was founded in 2007 and is named in honour of late transgender activist Zoe Belle.
ZBGC’s goal is to improve the health and wellbeing of trans and gender diverse (TGD) people by:
- providing education and awareness around TGD identities and experiences
- advocating for greater social equity for our community
- addressing discrimination
- tackling systemic barriers within health and human services
- supporting TGD people’s right to affirm their gender identity.
Our core principles are embedded within a human rights framework. We strongly support:
- trans and gender diverse people’s right to self determination and bodily autonomy
- de-pathologising of trans and gender diverse identities
- access to equitable healthcare for trans and gender diverse communities.
ZBGC advocates for the right of trans and gender diverse people to be central to decision making around our own healthcare. We actively encourage TGD community representation on relevant boards, reference groups, management positions and in the workforce of services addressing our needs.
365 Hoddle St,