Rainbow Young Carers
Rainbow Young Carers is a safe space for all Young Carers (aged from 8 to 18) who identify as LGBTIQA+ to:
- Hang out with other Young Carers in the rainbow community
- Make new friends
- Talk, laugh and share your experiences
- Take a break from your caring role and just be you
- Participate in fun events and activities throughout the year
Young carers who identify as members of the LGBTIQA+ community face challenges and will benefit from connecting with other young rainbow carers.
Chat sessions are held online, every second Tuesday, from 5 to 6pm.
Young carers are people who care for family members, friends, neighbours, etc. who have any of the following:
- a chronic or terminal illness
- a disability
- a mental health condition
- are frail due to age
Alfred Health Carer Services